Google Sugar Dot Cookies: Introduction

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Introduction

Welcome to my cookie diary. . .

I'll be documenting my quest to improve my cookie making and decorating skills. I'll be posting my trials and errors - what I did right, what I did wrong, and what I'll try next time. . .

I've been baking my whole life. I've made my share of decorated sugar cookies over the years. This Christmas though, I decided to take those sugar cookies a little more seriously. I've been visiting a whole lot of cookie making blogs, watching lots of videos and trying to get the whole thing figured out.

What I've learned is that everyone seems to do it differently and uses different techniques when looking for different results - royal icing vs meringue powder buttercream vs glaze. Thick vs thin... Medium outline with thin flood vs the same medium for outline and flood vs thick flood.

I was thinking of just jotting down my experiments in a notebook but knew that I'd like photos to help me remember later what was successful and what wasn't. Lightbulb moment - a blog! I'm starting this blog to document my progression, to give myself something to look back on and learn from. Who knows, just maybe I'll be able to inspire someone else to try cookie decorating or maybe even share what I learn with others.

Dotty

3 comments:

  1. I just found your blog through the Cookiers R Us forum. I read your three posts and checked out your photos and WOW you do wonderfully.
    I am following your blog.
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. A visitor and a follower! LOL! Thank you Susie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) You're welcome. Can't wait for your next post.
    Susie

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...