Google Sugar Dot Cookies: Tutorial - How to make Crab Sugar Cookies with Royal Icing

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Tutorial - How to make Crab Sugar Cookies with Royal Icing

"Maryland is for Crabs!" Quite a slogan, huh? When I was a kid, tshirts with that motto were all over the place.

Crabbing and eating crabs is a summer tradition around here. Does any other state actually have an official "State Crustacean"? I dont' know, but we do - the Maryland Blue Crab.

So in honor of our adored crabs, I made cookies.When I saw the cutters, I just had to have them.  It's early yet for a crab feast, but I wanted to make just a few cookies to see how they'd turn out.


I'm in love with these little guys. Look at those minis!  Minis get me every time.

I was slightly intimidated before I started decorating them. I wasn't quite sure how to go about it.

I started by outlining with black.  Then just flooded each section with red.   They were really easy!


To simplify things even more, I think that outlining with red would be super cute too!

I know what I'll be bringing to the next crab feast!  Can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I am actually looking for someone to make cookies in the shape of crabs for our wedding on September 22, 2012. Are you located near Annapolis, MD? My email is snj922@gmail.com. I appreciate any information you have. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crab cookies for a wedding in Annapolis - Absolute genius! Emailing you.

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...